Welcome to the Joel Barlow Football/Cheer website.
If you are a Player of the Team, click "Register Online" and enter your information. This will enable you to get up to date email (and text if you put in cell and phone carrier) information about your teams latest events.
From this site you will be able to get news, information, schedules, rosters, game results, directions and much much more. Check back frequently for the latest information about our club.
* All Paperwork must be turned in by Friday, August 7, 2015.
* Summer conditioning workouts continue M-W-F, 5:00-7:00. Players are encouraged to attend.
* There will be a VARSITY TEAM and a FROSHMORE TEAM this year. There will not be a JV Team this year. This is due to new state regulations & the limits to the number of quarters a student player can play in a week. This means that a mix of Freshmen and Sophomore players will play several froshmore games, the schedule will be upcoming.
* CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS! - Our program runs on volunteers, just like our Aspectuck Team. We will be sending out volunteer requests throughout the season or you can contact Liza Shaban (firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-856-3727) if you are interested in volunteering. The more the merrier and every little bit helps.
* Please make sure you register on this website to get important updates.
LIAISONS - We will have TEAM LIAISONS this year - we encourage you to contact them or John and Liza Shaban with questions about football. John Shaban -email@example.com, Liza Shaban- firstname.lastname@example.org. The liaisons will answer questions specific to your grade level and point you in the right directions to volunteer, etc. 9th grade - Jay Richatelli - email@example.com, 10th grade - Ceri Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org, 11th - Molly Michaels - email@example.com, 12th grade - Kim Raposo - firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAPLES CAMP - is an All County Football camp on Aug. 17-19 (5-8 pm) for players in grades 9-12. It is non-contact. The equipment required is helmets, cleats, and sneakers. It is at Staples HS in Westport and players are expected to get to Staples HS (there will not be a bus). Coaches will coordinate the distribution of helmets at the conditioning practices. See the brochure on the document page, which should be filled out and turned in to Coach Tynan by 7/31, cost is $135 payable to All County Football Camp. Please get in your applications and checks ASAP.
CAMP BARLOW - is the first formal & full practice for Barlow football. It takes place August 22-24 (all day practices). We are looking for volunteers to help serve food, help out, etc., please contact Molly Michaels (email@example.com) if you help. Player cost to be finalized but should be about $110.00. More to come...Keep in mind camp and conditioning starts 8/17.
ADULT KICKOFF PARTY - is Friday, September 4th, evening.
This is an adults only party with live silent action including parking passes, lunch with the coaches, and more. Bring some money $$$! Volunteers are required, contact Karin O'Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Suzy Peterson (email@example.com).
SCHEDULE - Barlow's first varsity game is Friday, September 11. Please see the complete schedule on the Document Page on the website.
GOLD CARD FUNDRAISER - we do this every year and it is a fundraiser for the Barlow Football Program. These are local business discount cards. Every player is expected to sell 10 cards for $10.00 each. Coach Tynan will explain more to the players.
ADS - this is another fundraiser for the Barlow Football Program. Ads will go in the program handed out at Homecoming. The ads can be a business or personal (related to your player, i.e. "...congratulations on a successful football season..."). More information coming in August.
SANDWICHES - players will get a sandwich for the ride home from varsity away games. Cost TBD, about $75 for the season.
COACHES - their contact information is listed on the website.